Monday, January 4, 2010

A little bit of Asia

A friend at work suggested a Korean restaurant he thought I would
enjoy. He was stationed in South Korea in the 80's and married a
Korean woman while there. I was in South Korea within a year of him
while my Dad was stationed there. Even though we were at different
bases, we had similar experiences and talk of them often. Anyway, I
figured if both he and his wife liked it, this restaurant must be
pretty good. We were already up on Grant so we decided this afternoon was the right time to try it. Seoul Kitchen is in the strip mall on Grant and Swan, East of the Outback.
The small restaurant had a very family feel to it and the service was
great. I had the bulgogi which was served with four different types
of kimchi and rice. I have to say this was the best I've had since I
was there. I would definately recommend this place. One of the
surprises on the menu was Soju. I would compare soju to everclear.
Since we had two vehicles and I had to drive one of them home, I
didn't have any this trip.
I hope everyone at work forgives my garlic odor tomorrow. Who am I
kidding, I don't really care LOL.

No comments: